Bad Weather Arrangement
- If the Amber or Red Rainstorm Warning Signal, the Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 3 or below, the Thunderstorm Warning is issued, or if there is a thunderstorm, and yet the “swimming pool” (“pool”) remains open, the classes will take place as usual; swimmers should follow the instructions of the officials of the “swimming clubs” (“clubs”) and should not go into the water without permission.
- Swimmers may be required to leave the water by the officials of the clubs / staffs of the pools / lifeguards due to weather condition.
- In case the Pre-No. 8 Special Announcement (an advance notice to the public issued by the Hong Kong Observatory when the tropical cyclone warning signal No. 8 is expected within two hours) is issued when the classes are proceeding, the classes will continue. In case the Pre-No. 8 Special Announcement is issued before the start of the classes, the classes will be cancelled.
- In case the Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is issued when the classes are proceeding, outdoor classes will be cancelled immediately while indoor classes will continue.
- All classes will be cancelled if the Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or above or the Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is issued two hours before class commences (Classes conducted at Islands District will be cancelled three hours before classes commence).
- All classes will be held as scheduled if the Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 8 or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is cancelled two hours before the commencement of the classes and the venue condition permits (Classes conducted at Islands District will be held as scheduled three hours after the cancellation of signals).
- The above weather signals are subject to the Hong Kong Observatory latest announcement.
- Public announcements on suspension of classes made by the Education Bureau are not applicable to the classes of Learn to Swim@JC.
- The above arrangements are guidelines only. For safety reasons, the officials of the clubs/ staffs of the pools will take into account the weather and venue conditions in deciding whether the classes are cancelled or the pool remains open.
- To enquire regards to unstable weather, please contact the clubs for the classes’ arrangement within 2 hours before the classes’ commencement. Classes will be cancelled without prior notification by Learn to Swim@JC if the pool is closed.
- Swimmers should consider the actual weather and traffic condition when deciding whether or not to attend the classes.
- NO extra make-up lesson will be arranged if the class is interrupted or cancelled due to adverse weather (the normal lesson and make-up lesson included).
- Coaches will make appropriate arrangements such as swimming posture practice or fitness training in the covered area or pool side, if the swimmers are not allowed to go into the water by the lifeguards or due to adverse weather (thunderstorm warning or heavy rain etc.), if pool remains open.
- Swimmers will be advised for re-assessment arrangement by the clubs if the assessment is required to be cancelled due to adverse weather.