Notes to Parents
All participants (swimmers and their parents/guardians) please read carefully and comply with the “Notes to
Parents” established by Learn to Swim@JC (“Project”) before attending swimming classes under
- Successful applicants (“swimmer”) will receive 2 vouchers, 1 student e-card and 1 set of swim gear
(including one set of swimsuit, one swim cap, one pair of goggles and one waterproof bag) after the
results of admission are announced.
- Swimmers can use two vouchers to enroll in 2 swimming classes for free which are posted on the website
of Learn to Swim@JC.
- The use of vouchers is in no particular order;
- Vouchers can only be used within the validity period which will be shown on the voucher and it
will be invalid after the expiry date;
- Please keep the vouchers carefully and properly. It will not be re-issued under any
Swimmers are not allowed to transfer to other clubs; or to change or cancel the classes after the
swimming classes have
been successfully confirmed
Swimmers cannot swap classes with others or allow others to attend the class on his/her behalf. If a
swimmer is found to
have violated this clause, his/her right to participate in the Project will be terminated.
Each swimmer can have 1 make-up lesson in each of the 2 classes (10 lessons per class).
On the day of the first lesson of each class, swimmers must submit the original copy of the voucher to
swimming club. Both parties are required to sign to confirm the handover of the voucher.
Swimmers are required to present their valid student e-cards to the swimming club every time upon their arrival in order to record their identity / attendance through scanning the QR code on the e-card. Otherwise, the club reserves the right to refuse swimmers to attend the lesson.
- Swimmers may log in to the “Parent Zone” of the website of the Project, or please click HERE, and input your student e-card number (The first 5 digits, e.g.S10000, input 10000) and password (i.e. your registered phone number), the e-card will be shown upon login.
Swimmers must wear the swimsuit, goggles and swim cap provided by Learn to Swim@JC to attend the classes. Swimmers may be refused to participate in the lesson if they have not worn the swim gear and no makeup class will be arranged
Please strictly observe the Rules and Regulations/ Guidelines at all times, and any direction given by the management staff of the facilities.
Swimmers’ parents/ guardians are responsible for escorting and picking up swimmers on their own.
Please arrive at the venue’s meet-up point 10 minutes prior to the commencement of the lesson. (Swimming clubs will confirm the meet-up location and time for each class).
Swimming classes under Learn to Swim@JC are totally free (including entrance fee for swimmers), no extra fee will be charged. (except for Clause 13).
Please arrive at the class venue on time confirmed by the Clubs, NO make-up time and pick up will be arranged for late swimmers. Late swimmers attending classes that take place in LCSD public swimming pools will need to pay the entrance fee directly at the gate and head to the swimming class venue by themselves.
- Entrance for the late swimmers might not be permitted if the swimming classes are conducted in the LCSD public swimming pools during session breaks, NO make-up class will be arranged and attendance of that lesson will not be counted.
- Entrance fee for the swimmer’s parents / guardians is at their own expense if necessary (Depending on whether that time slot of the pool is open to public or not / staffs of the venue agree with the use of such facilities / participants fulfill the eligibility of using such facilities).
- Swimmer’s parents / guardians need to pay for their own entrance fee through public entrance gates if they need to enter the LCSD public swimming pools.
- Parents / guardians / late swimmers need not and shall not have any monetary transaction with the swimming club and coach under any circumstances.
- Entrance might not be permitted under the following situation:
- During session breaks if the swimming classes are conducted in the LCSD public swimming pools
- All swimming classes conducted in NON LCSD public swimming pools, the
venue reserves the right to deny entrance to NON
swimmers of the swimming class of Learn to Swim@JC.
- All participants (including but not limited to swimmers and their parents / guardians) entering
NON LCSD public swimming
pools must follow the arrangements and instructions of officials/ staffs of the swimming club and the
officials/ staffs of the swimming club and the venue reserves the right to deny entrance to anyone who
refuses to follow
- All swimmers who attend swimming classes in LCSD public swimming pools must follow the directions from officials of the swimming club to leave the swimming pool after class. If any swimmer(s) want to continue swimming in the same pool, they need to pay for their own entrance fee directly through public entrance gates and are accompanied by their parents/guardians upon class dismissal. (Only applicable to swimmers taking classes in LCSD public swimming pools, also depending on whether that time slot of the pool is open to public or not).
- All participants (including but not limited to swimmers and their parents/ guardians) cannot use any subsidiary facilities of the private clubhouse or school (unless the facilities are open to public / staffs of the venue agree with the use of such facilities / participants fulfill the eligibility of using such facilities)
- All swimmers must comply with the terms and conditions of the swimming pool established by the venues before entering the changing room.
- During classes, swimmers should respect and comply with the instructions and guidance from coaches, officials/ staffs of swimming club and the venue. Do not leave or enter the water on your own without permission; if the swimmer feel discomfort, inform coaches or officials/ staffs of swimming club and the venue immediately to avoid any kind of accident.
- Swimmers should not attend the class on an empty stomach or eating too full in order to avoid vomiting during classes. If swimmers feel discomfort, inform and seek help from coaches, officials/ staffs of swimming club and the venue immediately. If coaches observe any swimmer with health condition that is not suitable to attend swimming classes, coaches reserve the right to stop swimmer from classes for safety and take reasonable arrangement.
- All NON swimmers of the swimming class of Learn to Swim@JC must not enter the
designated swimming lane, and should avoid
staying in the poolside area.
- Due to any kind of venue arrangement or unforeseeable situation, Learn to Swim@JC reserves the right to amend class time or venue or cancel class according to the situation. The office of Learn to Swim@JC and its swimming club will notify the parents / guardians the latest class arrangement as early as possible under such circumstance.
- If there are not enough swimmers in a particular swimming class, Learn to Swim@JC and its swimming club reserve the right to arrange the swimmers to another timeslot or venue.
- Learn to Swim@JC and related swimming clubs shall not be held responsible for any accidents and injuries occurred outside the swimming pool area or outside of the class period.
- Learn to Swim@JC does not encourage any person to bring any valuable items to attend any activities of Learn to Swim@JC, and in case of any property loss, Learn to Swim@JC and its swimming clubs shall not be held responsible.
- Learn to Swim@JC and its agents have the right to take photographs, videos or any other records of the participants during the classes or any other activities under the Project and to use the photos, videos and any other records for any lawful purposes, including promotion or commercial advertising.
- Swimmers and their parents/ guardians must comply with the Terms and Conditions of Learn to Swim@JC, including but not limited to anti-pandemic measures and arrangements by Learn to Swim@JC. At the same time, Learn to Swim@JC may be altered in response to the situation of COVID-19 or the government’s anti-epidemic measures. Learn to Swim@JC reserves the right of final decision. Participants have no right for argument.
- Learn to Swim@JC reserves the right to modify any information at any time without notice; and the right of final interpretation, decision and modification of all relevant courses, activities, and public information.